Saturday, September 24, 2016

Feature and Follow Friday ~2~

Hey all! 
How are you? :) 

Welcome to a new Feature and Follow Friday! 

This is a weekly blog hop partially hosted by Alison Can Read! Each week, there’s a question to answer! 


“What’s your book betrayal story? Did someone borrow a book an never return it? A book you had super high expectations for, but then was let down?

I think that I mentioned this book before, but this was really my biggest book betrayal story. 

Since I was younger (early teens, I think), I heard tons about the book The Perks of Being a Wallflower, by Stephen Chbowsky. One day, I saw it on sale in my local book store and thought why not? It’s considered to be a Teen/YA/Middlegrade classic, it’s a lot of people’s favorite, and there’s a general super positive hype surrounding this book like an aura. 

So I got it, and got straight into it. I was expecting something to surprise me straight from the beginning, but it didn’t. So I kept reading and reading and next thing I knew it was the end of the book. 

The least I can say was that I was disappointed - I could not figure out why this book was considered to be so amazing. I mean, it wasn’t bad, but I didn’t think it was amazing, either. 

You can click here to see my review. 

This is just my opinion - I completely respect and appreciate the fact that so many people enjoyed the book! It just wasn’t for me. 


Anyway, that’s my biggest bookish betrayal story. (Except for the ending of the Divergent series, but that’s too obvious =p) 

What was your book betrayal story? I’d love to hear it! Make sure to leave it down in the comments so we can discuss! 

Have a great day! 


2 comments:

  1. I felt the same way with The Perk of Being a Wallflower! There was so much hype about it. I picked it up, and read it in two sittings, but not because it was good. I finished it so quickly because I just kept waiting and waiting for the story to get good, but it never happened, and next thing I knew, I was at the end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that was my experience too! Oh well, not every book is meant for everyone :)

      Delete

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this post!
Any and all comments make me smile, and I will reply to all of them!
I can reply in English, French, and sometimes in Dutch and German.
Have an absolutely fabulous day!