Monday, April 18, 2016

Graceling read-along starts today!

Hey all! 
So Erika and I have been preparing the most amazing and fabulous read-along for you guys! As you probably heard by now, we are going to be reading the Graceling trilogy over the next six weeks! 



Now this won’t just be a read-along where we introduce the first book and review it. We have tons of things planned for you guys, like character profiles - both personal and from the book characters -, contests, and more fun little posts! 

Erika hasn’t read the series yet, but I have and it’s one of my favorites. I can’t wait to see how she reacts to it, and how you will, too! Let us know if you join in so that we can look out for your posts and reactions! :D

One event that’s already started is the Graceling Fanart competition! It’s super simple - draw fanart of characters in the trilogy, and send the picture to us! The easiest way is through my instagram, @justanotherbookishblog. Use the hashtag #gracelingreadalongART and I’ll find it and send it to Erika. The winners will be announced on the very last day of the read-along. If you don’t have instagram, you can send it to one of us using the provided email-adresses on our blogs :) 

We will start reading Graceling TODAY so make sure to join if you haven’t read it yet (or if you have, so it’s more of a re-read for you! ^^) We will start each book every other Monday. 




Goodreads Blurb
"Katsa has been able to kill a man with her bare hands since she was eight - she's a Graceling, one of the rare people in her land born with an extreme skill. As niece of the king, she should be able to live a life of privilege, but Graced as she is with killing, she is forced to work as the king's thug.

When she first meets Prince Po, Graced with combat skills, Katsa has no hint of how her life is about to change.

She never expects to become Po's friend.

She never expects to learn a new truth about her own Grace - or about a terrible secret that lies hidden far away...



(I realize this is a different cover than the one Erika used, but this is the cover I own ^^) 

I hope you guys join! 
Have a great day! 
~Caroline

1 comment:

  1. Yay, I'm so excited for this! I actually prefer your cover over the one I have. It is such an accurate portrayal of Katsa's amazing skills! ^.^

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this post!
Any and all comments make me smile, and I will reply to all of them!
I can reply in English, French, and sometimes in Dutch and German.
Have an absolutely fabulous day!