Saturday, November 14, 2015

#PrayForParis

#PrayForParis

“When the city of lights goes dark,
the rest of the world lights up for her"
Good morning everyone! 
So if you have been anywhere near the internet lately (or the newspapers, tv, etc...) you have probably heard about the attacks in Paris that happened last night. 
I’m half French, and seeing the capital of my country under what can be described as war-like conditions is deeply shocking and saddening. I never though that I would ever hear “C’est un acte de guerre...” (It’s an act of war...), referring to one of my two countries. 
I’m not going to pretend that I understand what is going on. I know what happened, but I can’t seem to figure out why it did. 
In Paris, there were several mass shootings and explosions over several hours, in several locations. The biggest one of which was in a small concert hall. My thoughts are with France today, in hopes that something like this will not happen again. We can’t give in. This is scary. 

And this is not the only place where this happened. There was an attack in Beirut, as well as one in Baghdad. There was an earthquake in Japan, and a hurricane in Mexico. (Not to take this lightly, but talk about a Friday the 13th...) 

The world is shaken with all of these events. Who knows what will happen in the near future. For now, the best we can do as individuals is send our thoughts to Paris, Beirut, Baghdad, Japan and Mexico. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this post!
Any and all comments make me smile, and I will reply to all of them!
I can reply in English, French, and sometimes in Dutch and German.
Have an absolutely fabulous day!