Sunday, October 25, 2015

Forget Tomorrow, by Pintip Dunn

Forget Tomorrow, by Pintip Dunn

Hey all!
I just finished reading Forget Tomorrow, by Pintip Dunn! 

*I received this book from the publisher through Netgalley. This does not alter my opinion whatsoever. Thank you for the eARC!*

Oh my gosh this cover!! *-*
Goodreads Blurb: 
Imagine a world where your destiny has already been decided...by your future self.
It's Callie’s seventeenth birthday and, like everyone else, she's eagerly awaiting her vision―a memory sent back in time to sculpt each citizen into the person they're meant to be. A world-class swimmer. A renowned scientist.
Or in Callie's case, a criminal.
In her vision, she sees herself murdering her gifted younger sister. Before she can process what it means, Callie is arrested and placed in Limbo―a hellish prison for those destined to break the law. With the help of her childhood crush, Logan, a boy she hasn’t spoken to in five years, she escapes.
But on the run from her future, as well as the government, Callie sets in motion a chain of events that she hopes will change her fate. If not, she must figure out how to protect her sister from the biggest threat of all—Callie, herself.




This book was actually really cool! I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would! 

This book starts off fast and ends even faster. The pacing was unbelievable! The entire book is a progression of events that you really don’t see coming, which was something I really appreciated! Adrenaline-filled and surprising, this book kept me on my toes! 

And the ending was absolutely cruel. I don’t cry often, but I cried. 

Anyways! 

As always, I’ll start off with the characters. Callie was a surprisingly good character! You completely understand where she’s coming from, and why her wills and wishes are so strong. She looks for every possible way to save her sister from a possible future death, and keeps searching why she would do such a thing. She pushes through phobias and hard living conditions just to keep her sister safe from herself. Respect! 

Logan is so sweet and caring, but also has a dark past. His character really develops throughout the book, going from being a cute crush to being someone with a complicated back story and someone Callie can lean on when she needs to. 

And the plot is SO COOL! I mean at first the fact that everyone gets ‘future memories’ at 17 really confused me. So the future is already foretold? Can we not change it? How is a future memory a memory if it’s in the future? Wouldn’t that totally mess up space-time continuum because you can’t go back in time because entropy aka chaos works in parallel with time, so the further you go in time, the more chaos there is / the higher the entropy is and the laws of thermodynamics say that you can’t go back in time because it requires too much of a drop of entropy for it to be possible? 

... sorry about that...

But then I got used to the idea and went with it, and it developed in such a way that it was super cool! 
And what I really liked is that a lot of people in this futuristic world had ‘abilities’. But they aren’t powers like you typically see. These are all powers that have to do with the mind, so like telekinesis, mind reading, sending messages between siblings... I really liked that! The plot evolves in such a way that it relies on this abilities. At first I thought they were a bit out of place, but then it was a really nice addition. 

This book goes from light to dark very quickly. Some times, when Callie was in Limbo, I was actually scared for her and the other characters! Then it goes light again, when Callie and Logan kinda get together in a hidden civilization (so incredibly cute by the way!). And then it goes dark again for the end. 

THE END! 
It was so sad but so good and I was just like what no why stop don’t do that uh oh too late why wait what is it not done or what? 
^Much english right? 
I REALLY HOPE THERE’S A SEQUAL! IT DESERVES ONE! ONE DOESN’T SIMPLY LEAVE READERS HANGING LIKE THAT! 

You know the way thy ended the Catching Fire movie? With Katniss looking up angrily at the camera after Gale said “There’s no more district 12.”? Yeah the ending was like that, but not really. 

Anyway I have to cut this short cus I still have quite a bit of work to do, but I’m giving this a very nice 5 stars, because it’s one of my favorite eARCs so far! 


Make sure to read this if you can! :) 
How would you react if you received a bad future memory? Let me know!


2 comments:

  1. I saw you reading this on Goodreads! The cover is gorgeous, and the synopsis intriguing!
    I really like the idea of sending messages to siblings! I don't really hear about those kinds of powers, though I do think about them. I don't know what I would do if I found out I would have a bad future! I probably would run far, FAR away, and hope the future I saw would never come fro pass. It's a little like trying to rewrite destiny, but on a more technological scale...
    Oh dear, the ending is cry-worthy? Devastating? Well, like they say, you know a book is good when the author can get a strong reaction from their readers! ;)
    Oddly, I can't seem to find this book on Netgallery :(
    Great review! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee hee, goodreads is such a great place to know what everyone’s reading =p
      I really liked the aspect of the powers in this book as well!
      Haha yeah I’d probably do something like that as well, but not do what happened in the end, which yes, was cry-worthy. And then confusing...
      Yeah it looks like it isn’t on netgalley anymore :( But I’m sure you can get an e-copy from Amazon for a decent price :)
      Thank you!! :)

      Delete

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this post!
Any and all comments make me smile, and I will reply to all of them!
I can reply in English, French, and sometimes in Dutch and German.
Have an absolutely fabulous day!